Monday, October 5, 2009

Those four years....

Hi friends,

Well this is my first attempt, so i dont know how well it will be received. And i guess i should have attempted this long back, for the love of writing.And this blog is surely NOT a guide on how to live life in Bangalore for newbies here;) Formalities apart, let me just start with my say here...

Engineering life is a fun place to be! When I look back and think of whatever I've learnt here in the last four years...my heart feels peace, joy, and a mixed bag of all other emotions revolve around it!

Let the story begin...



To begin with, the day i chose this college of engineering at the CET cell (of course with no other option left), i was completely shattered and disheartened (many seniors had already warned me NOT to get into it!!)( I thought hard all day and thought of skipping one year and try for an IIT or BITS the following year). But there was no other go and i had to venture in!!With a heavy heart, i just accepted my reality and that was the time i started disbelieving god:(I entered the college on the first day with no expectations, no happiness, no joy, had no clue of what my cohort has in store for me!!Though i never showed this sorrow and tried being myself in college, trying to be happy and cheerful. Time elapsed, and the first year was rocking. I was like 'not bad', it doesn't suck that much either. And the college had already started showering me with all the goodnesses. Me, unexpectedly standing 1st in class in 1st sem was like 'awe...!!!oooooooo...man is that me!!!'And then started gelling with my classmates and building rapport with the lecturers:). First year was like a bed of roses for me, and i started changing my attitude to a more positive one towards 'my' college;) The fun part was that, despite being caught for pranks in the first yr, wasn't actually tagged as a 'bad student';)

Come second year, and thats when i actually started talking to boys of my class (not that I'm shy or something..but I have been more familiar with Gujju n Northie guys..my knowledge about South Indian guys was limited to just my cousins ;P)!! But all the challenges we faced in the second yr as a class (both 3rd and 4th sem) was the toughest part.!! Then there was this 'accidental mass bunk' (yep it was accidental, none had planned it..coincidentally the whole class had planned independently not to attend the classes) (i dunno how many of u rem that), for which the whole class got screwed uP!!! Opened up a bit and thought of doing something for the college fest (Determine '07). Successfully planned and executed a group dance;) (aikadajiba). The practice sessions of the dance were too rocking and super. The bursts of laughter we had and the kinda jokes we made, put us itching our necks outta laughter;)lolz..adhum oru life...And our craze of the famous kannada film 'mungaru male'.Thanks to the film..played a major role in making our class united!!!;)
'
The THIRD yr of college!!! Well, i dunno whether to term this year as the 'best' or the 'worst' year of my life. God had packed all kinda emotions and feelings in this particular year. Because this was a total roller-coaster ride. Guess god implemented all of the grudges he had on me, at the same time!!

As i entered the fourth year, few issues which nagged me in the third year started diminishing..woh bolte hai na...jo hota hai,achche ke liye hota hai, sahi bolte hain;) The 4th yr was again..a repetition of my 1st year.The remarkable thing was the bonding of KE4 as friends as well as project-mates; and my bonding with the rest of the class. And i realized that this college, indirectly provided me with all that i needed to keep myself intact. It was a boon!!!And though, still i stay an agnostic, I do believe that there is some SUPERNATURAL FORCE, who/which is calculating my life, and putting me to the right place at the right time !! (whether i like it or not, but is the best for me!!) (touch wood). So much memories, that the farewell speech towards the end of our 8th sem, brought tears to a lot of my friends!

And i chose to write this blog, because i am totally jobless at home, and i don't do anything other than thinking about college days;):(. Friends, all the best for your life..And finally, THANKS for reading this blog till this line completely;)(i know it turned out to be quite lengthy :)

signing off for now,...cheers....

12 comments:

  1. Yes, blogs always turn out to be lenghtier than expected.
    My experiences were something very similar to yours, i too had some misgivings on having chosen SCE and now i am missing it every moment of it, from 9000 miles away.
    This I can say about our class: had you shared your problems with anyone, _anyone_, they would have given you a shoulder to cry on..
    IT was an amazing four years, any amount of nostalgia is too little for those years..

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a very good blog i appresiate you for creating such a nice blog from my heart i really like what all experiences you got.....and want to share with everyone.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. swthrt i luv u:)i must say my 'chik magu' is nw growing up with such a inspiring blog:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its nice attempt Swathi. please continue dont stop
    _ LK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swathi,

    Can't believe its you who wrote this. Frankly speaking, it touches both mind n heart. U really have put a nice mask to ur face I guess. You really look so jovial, fun-loving gal despite those hard feelings inside. Guess each one of us have lots to learn frm u.
    By the way, the literature is very good ya. U can write a book some time in the future.

    Wish u good luck from the bottom of my heart.

    -Santhosh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swathi...
    Love u da.. I didnt know wat u were undergoing in third year.. U were always my fav... had I known wud hv definitely helped u. I didnt know tat one of my dear ones was in such DEEP pain.. just one word Swathi wud hv stood by u no matter wat... I always supported u all .. just once if u had told me.... I do agree I was new then... u r too good for GOD to ignore. Hats off to you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey thank u all for your comments:):)it is really overwhelming to see all your comments.Thanks a tonnes for your support:):)n pls keep visiting my blogspot for more:):);)

    @hinduism
    thanks a tonnes for lending your helping hand,but i am not able to figure out who's this. If u hide your identity like this then how can i approach and talk to you about ANYTHING (set apart only the problems!!!)..:);)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SWATHI YOUR BLOG IS SIMPLY SUPER EVERY ONE NEEDS TO BE BRAVEHEARTED LIKE YOU..

    I APPRECIATE YOUR COURAGE FOR NOT LETTING YOUR SELF DOWN EVEN IN THE WORST OF TIMES.

    I DID ONLY KNOW YOU AS A "JOLLY GAL" BUT YOU TURNED OUT TO BE REAL ACTOR :)

    WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN YOUR NEAR FUTURE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR LIFE TO THE MAX POSSIBLE EXTENT..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey santhosh,
    Thanks a tonnes da for those comments. But let me clarify that i never 'acted' any time. Whatever You know me as is just the 'other part of me' which i chose to dwell in , while in college. Because the atmosphere in our college was so much pleasing and fun, that it naturally made me forget all of the tensions and let 'me be me!':):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey.. thats a nice post.. i guess once u start writing, just cant stop..

    Keep writing

    Make website india

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome:) Prarthana

    ReplyDelete