Wednesday, October 21, 2009

QUESTIONS!!QUESTIONS..!!!!

QUESTIONS QUESTIONS…!!!!

Life seems to be full of questions. Every moment of life we spend answering them!!! The only difference is the category of the questions and the person who asks you the questions !!!Ranges from anything pleasant like – how are you? How was you’re your whole day spent…? – to more introspective ones like – who am i? what is the purpose of my existence? What is my karma dharma dogma catma etc etc…- to more practical ones in life like – where do I see myself two years from now? What are the plans for my future? What are my goals in life..? etc etc…- the list goes endless…Y only ‘life’..Even when we are dead, questions will surround us!! – what time did the person die? where? how? where is the cremation? Whom and how much has the person left behind? ..etc etc…Many questions are asked by people with the intention of genuinely gaining the answers, few ask them to motivate you..but then there are these “ “irritating” “ category of people, who know everything about your life and yet ask questions just to stab you right at the centre of your heart!!!


It was just few days back(the day just befor diwali, to be precise) : I got up by 7a.m.(pretty much earlier, for painting the rangoli(at the entrance of my house) for the festival). And the moment I stepped out of the house to just decide on the color combination and stuff – I see this lady passing by my house with a wicked smile on her face and asking me sarcastically – “Office leavaa? Y are you at home?” ..With a fake smile and an innocent face I answered(as politely as I could) “I m yet searching for a job, aunty”..hell on you, lady!!!just the previous day you spoke an hour about me and my whereabouts and ‘what abouts’ with my mom, wasting even her time!!!and what itches you if ‘I’ stay jobless in my house for months together!!!do I need to seek your permission for that!!!!...And if that was not enough..” oh houdu, iga job sigodhu kashta agide alwa..recession time..yenu madakkagalla pa..eshtond competition..(oh yes, nowadays its difficult to find a job right? Recession kicked in just at your time. Cant help it dear. Moreover, there’s so much competition outside) ..huh..as if I dunno!!!..First of all, who taught you the words ‘recession’ and ‘competition’???!!!! The lady just left the place saying this crap(perhaps with some sense of a great achievement of talking some ‘words of wisdom’ with me).Wow..Festival time, I wake up fresh with some sense of happiness and an aim of doing something good with my day(perhaps after a long time), and I face this question to bog my whole day down!! My mind just couldnot stop cursing such people for the next three and half hours tat I spent in painting the rangoli!!wat a festival spirit!!!!

And then, just yesterday, I met these two people, (who have got a well prepared schedule of my life; the time I eat, sleep, and even s*** ), at the bus stop, and yet they want me to answer the same questions ‘’what are you doing these days? You did not find a job yet, right? Are you not pursuing your higher studies?”..Puhleeeeeeeess..Spare me!!.When you already know the answers , why do you ever ask me? I know that your kids are well settled in life, with a good position in some software company and are earning hefty amounts of income!!But then, the time was different!!getting into IT was just a cakewalk!!Today its NOT!!!And I am equally worried about my life and my future!!! When you already have so much gyaan about the ‘recession’ and ‘competition’..then cant you learn a bit more about something called as ‘quarter-life-crisis’?or understand what a ‘20-something-yr- old’ goes through right after passing out from college, and just keep quite??!!!

Still, they wont budge. They just want to remove the happiness from your face, and see how you tackle the question (perhaps, have fun with the expression they see on your face).And then they come and irritate our parents, sympathizing us, as if we are depressed in life!!!Please people, I am pretty much happy, spending quality time with my family(which I doubt I would get to, once I get into a job); and I have no regrets about that!!!In fact this is the best time of my life!!So stop sympathizing me!!I know that perhaps your kids were depressed when they were jobless, but that s not the case with me!!God’s blessed me with the skill of controlling my mind!!How I wish I had got a burkha for this diwali, so that whenever I step out of my house, people don’t recognize its me!!!And not only me, I see every 20-somethings struggling around me , targeted by such questions, by equally jobless people!!!These people don’t seem to run out of questions (mainly pertaining to ‘others’ lives). I doubt they get sleep in the night, if they don’t attack at least one such bakra (scape goat) in the day. They seem to have a big questionnaire prepared well in advance, much before you enter a turning point of your own life!!!they should be made scientists in NASA or ISRO without any long procedures of interviews or anything!!!IAt least they can use their talent productively(rather than stabbing such innocent, struggling, already confused youngsters like us!!).

The other irritating part of it being comparison!!! “The guy staying at the second house of the first road, is working in ___company, and he is earning ___amount monthly-“!!! ‘So what???!!!Is he gonna feed me? or lend me some pocket money for my daily expenses!!!’..Leave that!!Even if you fare better than other people, it’s a problem!!!”wow..you got such a high aggre in your engineering!!so great!!look at my son, he just doesn’t study anything and keeps loafing around day and night”.. I say, what’s soo great in that!!For god’s sake, please stop discouraging your own young one, your own blood!!!He’s put really an equal effort and is talented and knowledgable in his own way!!dont compare,please!!!(m thankful to god, my parents never went to the comparison lane, and have stood by my side in every walk of life:))
Of course, there are another category of people, who ask you questions because they are genuinely concerned about your life. Like this one aunty whom I consider as my best friend:):).One fine evening I was coming back from an interview, and I happened to meet her in the bus. Before she could ask, I myself told her that I attended an interview today, but I have no hopes. And she just patted on my back saying ‘Don’t worry. If not this, then another will click. You just don’t get disappointed and keep '..Now that’s called as ‘words of wisdom’!!Some encouragement!!! It really feels nice to hear some words of consolation and encouragement at such times!!!And i dont deny, that such beautiful 'broad-minded' souls do exist around me; who at least dont feed my already existing mea culpa of sitting a waste at home. !!!And they do understand what people like me are going throug, at this particular period of time!!!But the sad part is, such people are really very less in number, compared to those real-life villains!!

No single answer seems to satisfy them and they tend to ask you the same questions repeatedly (and even to your parents and relatives), to just confirm whether everyone’s answer matches or not!!If not, then more questions pour in “…but your grandpa told me the other day, that you r preparing for higher studies..and you say that you are searching for a job right now??”..HUH..HUH..HUH….!!!”you go ask him y did he say so. I am not responsible for my grandpa’s words!!!!” Goshh!!everybody’s got a life of his own!!and each one needs time for himself..And you guys just don’t understand that!!! I know, even after I get a job, you will start searching a groom for me(much before my parents think of it)..and that’s nothing!!who knows, you would even decide of my kids names well in advance..!!!!!!

Well I guess its just individual’s mentality. V cant change such people, bcoz they are naturally that way!!They must be fed up with their own life, n that’s y discussing others’ lives, perhaps gives them some relaxation or some sort of a time-pass!!!But your heart really aches when your siblings and parents face such questions, which are meant for you, and yet they keep quite only to not hurt you…….

I pray to god to give strength, will power, courage ;to all of you out there,a one like me, struggling in life for a future. And all the best for a very bright future:):)…..

Cheers…..

12 comments:

  1. hmmm... watever u hv written is very much true dear..nw every graduate (both 2008n 2009 batch passout)r facing same situation n similar kind of ppl.And as always, ur thoughts n words will keep every such individuals motivated

    ReplyDelete
  2. coolllllllll......u r rite dear....its d fact....adipoli....im one among u facing this da....i think if u start a community in orkut for such ppl thr ll b many of thm who ll join us....rite???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bhor & raji..
    yeah dears..i know that..sometimes jus get sick of such people and feel like telling of somethin rude straight on their faces!!but cant help!!that's the 'society',if you spk ur mind,they take it too offensively!!!all v can do is jus write such blogs n jus mov on in life:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @raji..

    guess such a community will be largest in terms of the number of members;):P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling it's a really nice posti 2 agree such kind of ppl r real-life villians..

    ReplyDelete
  6. gals..chill out..relax..don listen to such ppl, jst buzz dem off!!!! live every moment of ur life!!! hv full on fun :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @shilu
    thnks da:):)

    @smi..
    u r rite..v can tolerate such ppl and give a s*** abt it. But when parents are at the receiving end,it really gets on my nerves!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... I was just laughing my heart out... Swatz superb blog..

    letz luk at the brighter side.. aren't v like celebrities coz people invest their precious time n energy thinking and gossiping on us. v r alwayz in the lime light. v r like Divas for them....

    life is like a rose garden... there are more thorns than roses.. but stil those few roses make us feel as if v r in paradise.. so is life.. many evil sick people and few angels. these good ppl r enuf to give us warmth n affection..

    wenever u r in bad situation just REMEMBER... This too shall pass... Good or Bad nothin is Permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... I was just laughing my heart out... Swatz superb blog..

    letz luk at the brighter side.. aren't v like celebrities coz people invest their precious time n energy thinking and gossiping on us. v r alwayz in the lime light. v r like Divas for them....

    life is like a rose garden... there are more thorns than roses.. but stil those few roses make us feel as if v r in paradise.. so is life.. many evil sick people and few angels. these good ppl r enuf to give us warmth n affection..

    wenever u r in bad situation just REMEMBER... This too shall pass... Good or Bad nothin is Permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Hindu

    Point taken:):):)i will remember the 'rose garden' philosophy for lifetime now for sure:)thanks a tonnes:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i go with rajitha's decision as it would be good if u start a community so that not only u others who r drowned in these kind of circumstances vil surely make their mind stable and who knows these may lead to many individuals achieve glory to NASA or ISRO heights....

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha..lolz:):):)sure..v can start a community:P

    ReplyDelete