Sunday, November 15, 2009

Confession of a broken heart....

This is one poem, which i wrote when i was going through a rough patch in life(needless to say this! the words in the poem clearly indicates that). And how rough it was, will be as difficult to be understood, as this poem:):D..Yet, let me help u a bit and give a little more details.

That was a time when i had stopped thinking about myself. I wrote this poem, in regret of not participating in any event during our college fest(during the third year of my college). Initially, i was too excited for it, but eventually something untoward happened, and i had lost interest in everything. I had no other go, but to overlook all of my interests in one shot. A bigger commitment arised, from no-where; and i had to sacrifice the smallest of my interests (:D..i am not exaggerating this, i mean every word of it.). And being a fighter; i felt guilty for not letting my dreams and interests see the light of the day in that particular period.

Alright, now i hope that you wont find yourself  seeing the stars, at the end of the poem(even if you do, it ain't your fault:P:)..so, here it goes.......



I wanna confess, My Lord
that I broke my own heart;
I confess, indeed
it was all my fault...
I was broken,saddened, and confused,
Not knowing what to do, my instincts abused!
The clutters took me all over,
And i didnot know, where do i belong.
i searched for myself, outside of my soul,
searched for someone, who could make me strong
i was looking for my own world, amongst the dismay
never realized - my life would show me this day!!

The pain & agony, pulled me down,
while once i was a - bubbly, laughing clown!
'clarity' was lost, and 'haziness' crept in;
the 'guilt' nagging me down, to prove my morbid sin.
I was dumb, i was deaf, i was bound and blind...
was that my soul's flaw ? or that, of my mind?
i tried to be happy, by killing my own joys;
my resilience showed ruthlessness, and made devilish noise.

There's nothing to say, nothing to see...
Nothing to hear, and no-where to be.
it's dark, cold - and no sign of a magic wand,
and i, in vain, am looking for a helping hand...
there's something unknown, thats binding me tight
while my broken wings are, trying to take a graceful flight.
Cool wind is breezing by, and yet i struggle to take a breath..
Is it a hope of a new LIFE..? or a silent way to death...........

5 comments:

  1. LOLZ:D..nothing happened.it is something that i wrote few years back da.dont take that last line seriously,jus for rhyming sake used tat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    i was asked by a friend to read one of your blogs,"Perfect Match? or perfect Match?? ", taking ffrom there, i read all of your blogs, i am sitting idle, so thot y not express what i felt...
    one of the most important thing i noticed is the, person u are, i do not know the facts about u but u seem to have many facets of your personality.
    one blog of yours explains different perspective that u have(the tv commercial one ):), and in another, u seem to portray a saddened part of u..
    all i want to say is that u are a person with different attitude..and i wud like to tel u tht u bury the past and move on

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..thanks for the wonderful comments and its nice to see people expressing their views here too..and i believ every life has its own share of ups and downs..& about 'burying' the past, i wud say that the past buries itself, as time unfolds and we enter the 'present':)i chose to write this poem jus coz i was going thru some old buks of mine and found this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah.. and i must say u've got a poetic talent too, hidden... :)

    ReplyDelete