Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tribute to the legend...

  Again..while on the way back home, in the bus..I was listening to radio; when something i was waiting for since morning Happend at last!  "Nadhamaya 101.3" - an sms from a friend. At once I tuned into the station, and.....instantly i went into trance.!!Automatically my eyes closed, i started snapping, and my legs tapping. After a long time, I was listening to this song. And was amused to find that the song created the same magic, it used to, every time i heard it.!! My heart wept out of intense joy. Beautiful song, beautiful voice. A soul-cleanser. Takes me to an entirely different world, that of tranquility, peace, meditation!! A song that raptures your soul and penetrates deep within you. The flute, the veena, the mridangam blent with the Ultimate voice  - the voice of the Legend, Dr. Rajkumar.




     The song captured me, the very first time i heard it. And the rest is history....:). Well, there are a lot of songs from our annavru, which i hold close to my heart( nadhamaya, nee veeneya meethalu, manase anjike yeke) top the chart. Listening to them is as good as some music therapy. A voice that came deep from the soul - Dr. Rajkumar's voice. 

     Yesterday, 12th april, was the 4th death anniversary of the Tzar of Kannada music industry. And it ached for a second, when i realized that the Tzar is no more. This post is just a small tribute to the Greatest of the Great voices, the King who will always stay in our hearts, whose voice will keep scintillating our souls for as long as the world exists. Dr. Rajkumar.

I bow down to the God of music, the Legend.
Salute to namma annavru.....


Nadhamaya.....:):)

The link for the song is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMXZhzD4ss



Cheers........

4 comments: