Saturday, February 13, 2010

State-lag!!

State-lag!!!

     Well. It happens to anyone who’s travelling from India to US!!(now don’t go too deep into the statement and don’t try to act smart by saying that it happens GENERALLY when u travel from one country to another!I know tat!)..heard of JETLAG ???




     So far, I have never experienced JETLAG(never travelled by plane of course!!). But must say, the mini version of it, which happened to me is STATE-LAG!!Wondering what is it? Happens when you travel from one state to another, and you don’t have the time enough to sink into the PRESENT, and realize where exactly you are!

     With a very filmy farewell on Sunday, early in the morning at 5a.m, with my aapice buddies at BBSR, we started our return journey to Bangalore. Inspite of the journey being a long one, we felt the time run like Rajdhani express(faster than that in fact). Is it because of the movies, the games we played, and the hunk (who eventually mingled with us in the train, helping me win every game we played:P) that we dint feel the boredom; or was it because time was really running too fast – I dunno!! It was just like abhi abhi train shuru hui, aur abhi Bangalore pohonch gayi!! Monday afternoon I reached my Home Sweet Home. Time was scarce, as I had to report to my aapice here, the very next day! The rest half of the day went in informing the BBSR buddies that v reached home safely, and how we missed them so much, and how we were talking about each other in the train watching the pics again n again and wishing we had got more time to spend with each other. And the little more time that was left, went in informing my Blore buddies, that we have returned home! (yet not informed many important people!)

     The luggage still left unopened, language still in Hindi mode! Eating typical south Indian, ghar ka khana felt awesome, but I dunno why I demanded raw onions with the food(to amaze mom!!)(if you dunno the fact that usually Northies prefer onions with any dish, and I too had developed the habit!). The next day morning was horrrrrrrrrible!!Where I was used to commute from home-office-home within 10 minutes; here every 10 mins felt like one eternity!!Sitting in the bus was a pain(even when I know that I am quite used to it since years!!).Every 5 minutes meri antaraatma told me “chalo abhi aapice aa jaayega , chalo abhi aapice aa jaayega!!). And this went on for 2 hours(when I finally reached my aapice!!). Aapice me gayi, and my eyes kept searching the old bbsr buddies whom we had left back there. Wished the security guard with full josh “Good Morniinng Bh…….aa…..(and there stops the word ‘bhaiyya’-the term we used for addressing every shopkeeper, security guards, autowalas, waiters at restaurants and so on n so forth..)..and suddenly realized the guard was a total stranger(not our old aapice k bhaiyya!). Half realized a Bangalorean, still there was some part of my heart wishing k abhi dikh jaayenge din,punnu,pandey,sidhu,nilu,babboni ,rutu koi bhi among them..and every new colleague I met – I tried searching in them in the former ones!!

     Switching from Mac OS to Windows was not an easy task either!!Searching for the ‘close’ button at the top left corner of the screen, trying to search for the ‘Finder’ itself in the Windows, and switching off the monitor thinking that the system will go to a ‘sleep mode’ – ULTIMATE BLUNDERS!! Trying to search tuku bhaiyya and suddenly realizing that I am not there anymore, only when i received a mail from him itself (a very touching one - subjected “the meaning of bbye”. Attached was a pic of the board on which we had left some notes written on the last working day at BBSR- for our counterparts over there). All this, plus while on the way home , I took my phone, and effortlessly dialed a BBSR number, informing that m on the way back home(I had to call up MOM n inform that though!!). Again at home, it was me making a fool of myself; when I started talking “roomie gossips” to sis(thinking that I m talking to my roomie). Realized only when I found only me laughing at my own talks, and found sis looking at me in a fix, wondering what the crap on earth am I talking about!! Every neighbor looked like a stranger to me, and I was trying to see the old BBSR chaps- our building security BHAIYYA, the pg guy, kunnu- who delivered us our food, the guards at the bbsr aapice, the old colleagues; in every person I saw here!!Gosshhh…!!!

     Thanks that I met two of my BE classmates shruthi and sowmya at the bus stop yesterday!!Felt soooo good, and got a little samadhana. And thanks to god that today I got some time, help me to get me completely into the feeling k ‘chalo beta, tu ab Bangalore me hai!!’ And even now, when I started reciting ‘hanuman chalisa’, I could imagine din singing the same in his characteristic rhythm! Still my mind is ‘on the way’ from BBSR to Blore(rather, not started from there yet!)!!

     Well, sab kuch moh maaya hai. Logon ko transport karne k liye toh trains,planes and what not ban gaye hain..But I ask god “IS THERE A DEVICE WHICH CAN TRANSPORT OUR MINDS ALONG WITH US????’……….????

Cheers…
Keep smiling and keep saying Paneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr:):)….

No comments:

Post a Comment