Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Musings of a Spiritual mind


True knowledge works in mysterious ways. Answers come from the most unexpected sources, and somehow at the most right time! Such an experience I had when I started reading the book – ‘Miracles Happen: The Transformational Healing Power of Past Life Memories’ – an amazing work by psychotherapist Dr. Brian Weiss.

No. This post is not a review about the book. You can call it as a mere tale of how wonderfully real knowledge flows. Just half way through the book, and already am amazed with the plethora of metaphysical concepts it has proven, via the real past-life experiences of his patients / clients.

The concept of ‘reincarnation-with-a-purpose’ and ‘reincarnated-to-heal’ has been wonderfully explained, that will lead you to think that you are just tiny beings with just one purpose of following what is called the ‘Word of God’ or ‘Dharm’ [all one and the same, basically meaning your ‘inner calling’]. We all have been incarnated in all ages, as all genders, across all regions and religion and souls changes bodies – is a clinically proven concept and the core message in the book.

But what thrilled me even more is – how beautifully this knowledge has travelled across boundaries, religions and races…to a tiny creature who was looking for few answers in some other part of the world - me, myself…


Bhagvad Gita : Ch 2.20
na jayate mriyate va kadacin
nayam bhutva bhavita va na bhuyah
ajo nityah sasvato 'yam purano
na hanyate hanyamane sarire

TRANSLATION
For the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.



Since childhood I have believed that the Gita had all the answers to our lives [nobody forced this belief into me, it just seeped in] At a tender age when I could not even comprehend the characters mentioned in it, I somehow believed blindly many of the lessons contained in it. One of which is – we are Spiritual beings, bodies are temporary. Least did I realize that this phrase had a greater, more powerful hidden message that will truly open up your mind, until I encountered Dr. Brian’s book.

The book will actually help you to understand that you need to stop localizing your problems / circumstances and watch them as mere experiences. Of course, that doesn’t mean that our lives will be devoid of testing circumstances, regular pricks and down-pullers. All it does is, give a fresh perspective on how we can choose to live over and above all of it – live the way we were meant to! We all have lived a man’s, a woman’s, a child’s, a sinner’s, a hero’s lives before – then why dwell in the moment, just live it and jump over to the next – is a big thought the book urges you to ponder upon – a great treat for a spiritual appetite! [perhaps. What my Holy book wanted me to realize].


I’m sure that Dr. Brian’s writings has transformed many lives, changed countless perceptions and removed a millions of inhibitions in people across the globe, in its own ways. But what it successfully did to me was – proved what I already believed in! While reading the book has been a mind-blowing experience, parallelly it also strikingly validates few of the writings of the Gita as well [in all possibilities - unbeknown by the author]. A Western-modern world coming out with proofs of an Eastern belief system - is what thrilled me the most. This just strongly proves that – Truth cannot be modified. And knowledge truly knows no boundaries [and this invariably takes me to Rhonda Byrne’s words ‘ask the universe, and it will give you’ reflecting similar lines from Gita]

The book also beautifully explains [with its proven concepts] that - Amidst the myriad of cultures, population and languages - We all are One. [Can you relate to this now - वसुधैव कुटुम्बकम् [Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam? - the most fundamental belief of the Eastern world]]

Well..having said this, just reminding that I’m still just half way through the book [there are few more books to read and the other half of the current book I’m exploring]. I am not sure what new thoughts will be unveiled and for how long will they impact my mind. All I’m looking for is a totally out-of-the-box experience [which aptly suits my blogspace;)] – and probably, a new perspective of things…



Epilogue:

Having put the above post as a draft in my blog, I put all of my thought processes to peace and go to the bed. Strange enough, even before I start my bedtime prayers, one last but important thought flashes my mind – ‘Krishna! you were so right!






Punarapi jananam punarapi maranam,
Punarapi janani jatare sayanam...



2 comments:

  1. Dear Swati, I felt happy reading this and i think its because of accumulated poorva janma punya made you think so and i wish if you where delving deep into the ocean of Holy Geeta...God Bless!! Prayers..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Baleta :) happy that you liked it :)

      Delete